Friday, March 12, 2010

timing is everything


For any moms who work outside of the home, this excellent post is for you.

What a great reminder and exactly what I needed to hear. Because when I go back to work and start dropping Milo off at daycare every day, I know how I will feel. I've been through this before, and it is incredibly hard. But the author is so right: Sadie talks about my office like it's the coolest place she's ever been to and I know she understands that "work" is something that makes her Mommy happy. I hope to catch her playing "office" someday and more than anything, I hope she grows up believing that she can be and do anything. And for my littlest baby, I look forward to a couple years of TTC rides together at the end of every day. It was such a special time with Sadie and I can't wait to see what it's like with Milo. Can he top Sadie saying out loud, "I'm peeing right now!"? The possibilities are endless.

(And for a more literal link to the topic of timing, here's a little pic of an old GE school clock we recently got through Ebay. It's one of the finishing touches for the kitchen and although it arrived not working, my rather amazing husband fixed it. Awesome.)

0 comments :