Saturday, March 20, 2010

angora lady




I heart sale bin yarn, and it is so worth the trip to Romni's basement - especially when you get an extra 20% their already discounted prices. This yummy pink cotton/angora blend is Artful Yarns Serenade and it was dreamy to knit with. Sure, it leaves a bit of fuzz on Sadie's shirt but she seems pretty happy to wear angora and I would happily knit with it over and over again.

The pattern is Shellee Floyd's Cap Sleeved Spring Shirt and it is super simple. I made some minor modifications to the sleeve bind off, body shape and bottom band, but still it was an easy knit. I've already cast on for another - this time with long sleeves and chenille yarn I've had forever - because it's a guaranteed reward for the time invested. And I think the style really suits my girl (I mean, check out how she dressed with it, not to mention how she accessorized with hair ribbons and sunglasses). Also I love how it hugs her belly in the second photo, showing a small hint of her recent toddlerhood. So, plenty of reasons to knit it again.

Like I need any more reasons to knit.


2 comments :

Linda said... [Reply to comment]

Thats a pretty knit, I will keep that in mind for a friend.

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

I really like the wool you used and the colour suits sadie. I love her different poses too.