Monday, December 14, 2009

matching feet



For some reason I keep buying variegated yarn even though I am disappointed 99% of the time. I picked up this Koigu Merino Crepe to make a hat for myself but quickly disliked the way the colour was coming out even though I was alternating between two balls. This yarn is rather pricey though so I didn't want to just pretend I never bought it. Which led me to making two pairs of socks for my two little favourite people. And being my favourite people, they (okay, mainly Sadie) love them and have been wearing them non-stop.

I used Debbie Bliss' Two Tone Socks pattern and made adjustments for Sadie's feet. The yarn is thicker than called for, but with subtle modifications both pairs fit well. And now I don't have to worry about this yarn again, but please, someone, remind me to never buy variegated wool again. As it is, I'm still sitting on some Dream in Colour Classy that I'll never use.

2 comments :

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

How very cute! They make such a lovely pair.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

I just love the socks, don't know if there's any hope of me ever being able to knit a pair....