Friday, July 24, 2009

pebble


This is the cutest pattern ever. I've heard that boy patterns are much harder to come by, but this was a nice start to the search. Inspired by brooklyntweed's Cobblestone sweater, Nikol Lohr has made this pattern available on her website. It is very easy to follow and was a quick knit - even though I was knitting in roughly 5 minute chunks (this is all Milo really allows me right now). And this is officially my first knitting project post-birth.

I used up my remaining Luxury Donegal Tweed yarn, though I promise to never be the woman who wears her vest at the same time her son does. I knit the pattern with a 5mm needle, hoping to make a 6 month old size, which I think I got (Milo can't model it just yet, so here's hoping he doesn't explode in size before fall gets here). Overall I just love it...so much so that I think there will be another in Milo's future. 

1 comments :

Rima said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for stopping by! I am loving your Pebble. I want to make my own, but I have to buy some nice Tweed first. More stash procurement. Darn.