There was one more project I decided to finish during my week off, and I admit it had been sitting around for over 3 years. I started the "Sadie" embroidery when she was just a baby. I think part of the hold up was actually knowing what I was going to make, but after finishing the potholders I was eager to use more binding tape. Jay wasn't so keen on the country look of the little quilt, but Sadie was pretty pleased with it. She and I decided together to hang it above her bed and that seemed impetus enough to finally stick her butterflies on the wall (I found them at Polka Dot Kids gave them to her last Christmas). I think it makes a cute little vignette above her bed, and furthers my obsession with combining as many pinks/reds/purples as I can in her room. So far there isn't a single shade that hasn't worked. Seriously.
Now on to holiday gifts - which will have to stay secret until after the giving happens. As it is I'm trying to do some sleuth knitting in Jay's company...though the guy is clever enough to figure it out. Well, maybe.