Friday, November 21, 2008

double dose


Potholders did the trick, not to mention pulling together a pretty yummy soup. I may not be completely free of my thoughts, but it was a relaxing week and I spent a lot of time puttering around in my studio/half-a-bedroom workspace. These potholders were such a snap to finish, I don't know why I waited so long! I remembered reading on Soulemama about using the casing tape tool, and wow, does it ever work. These bound edges were easy and are so much better than how I used to do them. And talk about practical - we have used these potholders every single day since...mainly as mini placements, but hey, that's what practical is.

I have had an intense craving for the vegetarian hot and sour soup that Indochine makes, but being at home, I had no desire to travel close to the office to pick some up. So, I looked around and tried a slightly modifed version of this recipe. At least I have figured out the secret to what makes the Indochine soup special - it's Vietnamese, and not the Chinese version that Google has been showing me in many of my past searches (well, I can't really blame Google, I was just fairly daft about it). I just love that it has tomatoes and pineapple and a clear tamarind-flavoured broth, but I didn't have broccoli at home so I'm missing a bit of green in mine. In the end it was a decent soup, but no where near what Indochine serves. Hmm, I guess I still have the craving, and just talking about it is making me hungry.

Damn it.

1 comments :

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

mmmm that soups sounds gooood.