Friday, September 09, 2011

stitches to live by


This summer in the tiny town of Bloomfield, at a little antique shop called Dead People's Stuff, I found a sampler that I just had to have. Even though this was made from a kit, I love the tone of the saying and it seems unusual for something that looks vintage (sure, subversive cross-stitching has become popular in the last decade, but I'm used to finding sincere sentiments in older work - not something that would make me laugh). The pinks, purples and chocolate brown are pretty sweet too. We don't add much to the house these days, but it was fun to squeeze this find into the kitchen. And hey, it helps me feel way better about any indulgent baking that may occur in there.

3 comments :

Elisha said... [Reply to comment]

Ha ha ha, love the name of the antique shop because... well... its so true! Great cross stitch too...

Steph VW said... [Reply to comment]

What a great find. And what a great name for a shop! It's truth in advertising!

artis said... [Reply to comment]

Like u hv a thing to worry about.. U slim girl.