Saturday, January 24, 2009

sleeping beauty


Holiday sewing always happens last minute for me.  It isn't a big deal - I'm pretty used to my procrastinating ways - but it does mean that I cannot photograph what I've made until after the gift giving happens. And Sadie is rarely interested in modeling (hence the late January posting).

Last year I sewed Sadie a nightgown to give to her on Christmas Eve, and my plan is to keep up the tradition.  This year I chose to use a pattern, Simplicity 5695, to cut down on potential frustration, and it definitely helped speed up the project.  The material is a purple gingham flannel and I sewed 3 MOP heart-shaped buttons near the bottom, just for decoration.  Sadie looks pretty cute in it, but she's way more fond of the "Nutcracker Mice" pj's she got from Old Navy.  Such is the unalterable taste of a 4yr old .

Better luck next year.

1 comments :

KR said... [Reply to comment]

I love her nightgown - so so sweet! I don't think there's anything quite like handmade clothing. :)

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com