Saturday, July 15, 2006

toy collection #1



With this post I am instituting a new rule for myself - no matter what I'm up to, no matter what I have or haven't made, I will post ONCE a week. Promise. This blog picked me up out of a creative funk last year and I owe it to the virtual world gods to keep it going (I also have a sneaking suspicion that I may be making more again now that Sadie goes to bed at 8:30 and Jay and I have decided to give each other free time). So it's a brand new day.

One of the BIO questions for Plush You II was whether we had toy or plush collections. I'd be surprised if none of us did, but I also thought what a great thing to share as points of inspiration. Eagerly I started taking photos last night of a few finds of mine and hopefully Jay will start letting me take pictures of his great toys too. I'm starting here with a doll I found in a Kingston market when I was a student. I couldn't afford him so I used my food money (seriously). His clothes are so detailed and next to the vacant face...well I just find the whole combination wonderfully awkward.

Any other toy collectors out there?

0 comments :