Tuesday, December 06, 2005

sale synopsis



I had great intentions of taking photos before the sale, but somehow we were setting up until the first person arrived, so these are the only reasonable photos I got! The cushions up top were a last minute idea to use up more of my wool blankets, the second photo is one of our shelves filled with goodies and the last photo shows Jay's pieces all on one wall. The blue and red pieces are rubber doll parts placed to look like butterflies (ears) or flocks or birds (noses). Luckily two were left because I just couldn't part with them! The sale was a great success though I'm relieved it's over. Last night I actually started a knitting project for myself - I'm using Louisa Harding angora wool to make a simple garter stitch scarf, what a treat.

I've started a wee shop for my wool creations, so come on over and visit . . . a few Bundlies are hanging out there.

2 comments :

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Sam, your sale was great! All the items were amazing and Ruby had so much fun playing with Sadie. Aaron wanted to buy everything (I had to stop him from making offers to Jay on art items in your house that weren't even on sale) but we managed to get out with one delightful little bundlie, which hangs on the door to Ruby's room. It reminds me of her in her little houndstooth coat.

Like Jody, I'm now inspired to make, make, make more stuff. Your work is beautiful and I still can't fathom how you managed to pull off the sale and still keep Sadie so healthy and happy!

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

Jay and Samantha, the sale was great. Everything looked so nice and Sadie was great modeling hats! I especially enjoyed seeing all the things laid out and Jay's pieces on the wall. The work you and Jay do and being able to have a sale with such little time is amazing.

luv mum