Tuesday, August 16, 2005

bird babies



There is a series of illustrations of half bird, half baby creatures that I just adore. I don't know how old they are, but I do know that they are a wonderful blend of creepy and sincere. This is the second cushion I've made from them. Embroidery is a great car pasttime for me, and I just use a chain stitch for the whole image, which might label me as lazy in the embroidery world. Next up - a western ragdoll for Month of Softies! My mom - who just started her own blog - sent me a photo of a ragdoll I made her years ago and it was just the reminder I needed to get started. Do you ever look back and realize you had no reservations when you were young? Geez, I would make anything, and I wish I could recapture that sense of abandon now.

3 comments :

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love it. So so good.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

samantha, there's something so endearing about these bird babies, well.....especially because I look at them and want to embroider right away..

J said... [Reply to comment]

that illo is so fascinating. and i agree... there's nothing better than kids crafts made by kids. so spontaneous and carefree!