Sunday, April 14, 2013

spring, sort of

While I try to avoid facing another paint colour mishap, sewing has been a decent distraction. I've had this shirt pattern for years - Vogue 7998 - and I finally gave it a try. It's a kimono/wrap style and it turned out much better than I was expecting. Given it's "Very Easy" distinction there are one or two construction details I'm not a fan of but overall I think the seams will hold and the collar does a good job of hiding the questionable bits. I used Robert Kaufman's Brussels Washer fabric which holds its shape and is very wearable. I quite like the tie at the back but it would be great to leave the ties off so you could wrap any belt or scarf around the middle. Overall, a great, somewhat-dressy shirt.

If you're looking for some spring sewing inspiration - and not the all black, full length sleeve sewing that I'm indulging in - visit the Spring Top Sewalong Flickr poolThis top is especially awesome and could persuade me to sew something gray.

And then I remember the gray paint mishap. Sigh.


2 comments :

Cirque Du Bebe said... [Reply to comment]

What a lovely top! I don't think I've ever seen that pattern before. Looks like you've done a lovely job at it too.

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

Great looking top, Samantha.