Wednesday, February 22, 2012

paper poppins



Sadie + paper + tape = amazing things.


After watching Mary Poppins the other day, Sadie grabbed her favourite materials and promptly fashioned herself a hat. On her first try. I'm still amazed that she understood how a hat would go together - I think the brim concept didn't fully come to me until I sewed a hat sometime in my twenties. But she simply started cutting, used loads of tape, and then showed up 30 minutes later dressed entirely as Mary Poppins.

I love my crafty girl.



6 comments :

meg said... [Reply to comment]

it's perfect! not in that a little kids made it and isn't it cute way, it's really perfect--just like mary poppin's hat!

Tracy said... [Reply to comment]

this is so great! go sadie!

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

She is an amazing little girl, how fortunate for me that she is my granddaughter.

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

I love it!
so sweet..

Deanna McFadden said... [Reply to comment]

That is a 100 kinds of awesome. That's all.

KToms said... [Reply to comment]

Simply the sweetest creation!! Good for Sadie. She should be very proud of herself.