Friday, September 24, 2010

kids clothes week challenge



Thank goodness for some late night surfing because I almost missed Elsie Marley's fall edition of the Kids Clothes Week Challenge. But I haven't been nearly as active this time around for a variety of reasons. First, the only time I have during a work week is post 9:30pm and generally I'm feeling pretty wiped by then. And second, when I have dragged myself upstairs, I'm extra conscious of the noise I'm making and sure enough, the serger woke Sadie up one night (clearly sewing in my bedroom is not the best idea.) Then today, when I could have had Milo's nap to myself, I was hanging out in a hospital for my pre-op appointment...'cause I'm having my uncooperative gallbladder removed on Tuesday. Boo.

But being the Queen of Excuses is a drag. I have made some things, and so far I'm most pleased with these pajama pants for Milo. The nights are much cooler now and he needs his feet covered but he's outgrown all of his sleepers. Instead of investing in new ones that he would outgrow tomorrow, I thought pants would have a longer life. I drafted a pattern from an existing sleeper and these pants sewed (or rather, serged) up quickly. He wore them last night and they seem to do the trick, so I've lined up more jersey for other pairs.

Not as successful though, or more like what-on-earth-was-I-thinking, is an outfit I finished up for Sadie. Behold:



Okay, the cuffs are cute, but a full Hello Kitty outfit? Did I want Sadie to look like she's wearing pajamas to school? Didn't I realize she'd wear both pieces together? And what is with the garish pink? Oh well, at least I finished them. And Sadie thinks they are great. I just need to make a rule for myself about buying less prints...and stick to it.


Two more days to go. And check out the many, many cute garments already made on view here.

4 comments :

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe
guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing
from you! Terrific blog by the way! My web page: i need money For my business Also see my page:
online kids clothes

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

electronic cigarette, e cigarette, smokeless cigarette, electronic cigarette starter kit, smokeless cigarettes, best e cigarette

Monty Mehra said... [Reply to comment]

i like to wear night wear.

Boys Traditional

Brad Pitt said... [Reply to comment]

Thank a lot for this post that was very interesting. Keep posting like those amazing posts, this is really awesome :)
Looking for Custom T-shirt Printing in Mumbai, visit on:
Custom T-shirt Printing Mumbai

Also Read - 7 Perfect Uses of Custom T-shirts and Hoodies