Saturday, December 20, 2008

oh baby

The time has come for me to knit baby things. And here's the kicker: I won't have to give them away...they will stay right here. Because it would appear that I am officially knocked up.

Finally I can explain my lack of productivity for about, well, three months. As with Sadie, I have been battling 24 hour nausea. I'm taking Diclectin this time, which really helps, but thankfully I think the nasuea is starting to wear off now that I am 14 weeks along. I am amazed all over again at how much growing a human can wreak havoc on your body, not to mention your brain. Jay isn't so happy that "baby brain" strikes this early.

We are thrilled (with a healthy dose of "freaked out") about the news. Sadie is excited too, although now she wants to know how far away June really is. I can't say the decision came easy - it's been on my mind since Sadie was born, but I just wasn't ready for a very long time. It's crazy how much time has actually passed, and there will be a 5 year gap between Sadie and this expected sibling. But one day we realized that there was no time like the present and like I said, we're pretty thrilled.

Oh baby.

8 comments :

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats!
June babies are nice - you don't have to suffer through heatwaves while pregnant!

Vicki said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations! Sadie will be an awesome big sister.
Vicki (Sidney's Mom)

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

HOORAY!

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

So happy for you guys, Sam! What lovely news. Two is definitely a challenge, but also really, really nice. When we come visit in the spring you're going to be as big as a house! Hooray! (for the baby, not for being big as a house...)

Deborah Guthrie said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations from Debbie in Ottawa. Still love checking in on your blog and being inspired by you. Recently I was going through magazines that I hoard terribly. Notlooking to throw away, oh no just to be tickled by new and interesting ideasI've forgotten or missed the times around before. Anyway I thought of you when I went through my stack of "marie claire ideas".
Lots of things that look like Sam to me in these magazines and look I must as they are in french but they are such eye candy. You may all ready know about them but in case you don't I thought I'd let you know. Once again
congratulations, Debbie Guthrie

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so happy for you! Warm wishes for all the best in your health and happiness, and it looks like you will have a happy New Year (albeit a very tired and emotional one!)

John Mutford said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats. As a parent of two, it's a great number.

(My word verification is "biblater." Why do I always get such interesting, and in this case appropriate, word verifications on your blog?)

petite gourmand said... [Reply to comment]

I feel so confused about having a second.
Lulu is now 3 1/2 and the gap keeps getting bigger and bigger...
I guess you just have to follow your instincts.

Sadie is going to be an awseome big sister I'm sure.
I can't wait to see all the cute baby stuff you come up with.
Congrats!